At least seven Christians killed in attack on bus in Egypt

A spokesperson for the Coptic Orthodox Church said that the number of fatalities is “likely” to increase. A church official in the province of Minya, where the attack happened, said that a total of 10 people had been killed. The Associated Press, which reported the story, was not able to confirm this number. No specific group has claimed responsibility for Friday’s shooting attack. However, the ambush is very similar to an attack in May 2017, which also involved a bus heading to visit the monastery of St. Samuel the Confessor. That attack which killed 29 people and left 22 injured, was eventually claimed by the Islamic State.

Read more here: https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/at-least-seven-christians-killed-in-attack-on-bus-in-egypt-59868

Please follow and like us:
RSS
Follow by Email
Facebook
Google+
Twitter
SHARE
YOUTUBE
PINTEREST
www.linkedin.com/in/FreeCircle